INFORUM seeks a part-time intern to assist the INFORUM team in all daily activities.
Intern Position Description
- Assist in event planning and execution
- Manage communication with local calendar editors and maintain inforum web calendar postings
- Perform research for creative event ideas and potential guests
- Market specific programs to community organizations to garner attendance at Club events and maintain a record of all Inforum speakers and events
- Create event flyers and prepare materials for Club events
- Meet cool people
Excellent communication skills, good grammar and an interest in public affairs are each necessary characteristics of our future intern. Hopefully you are a quick learner, you pay attention to detail and are willing to engage in administrative tasks.
No stipend is available, but we offer college credit and the chance to acquire hands-on experience at the nation's oldest & largest public affairs forum. This position offers great contacts, location and background for anyone interested in non-profit work, as well as the opportunity to interface with leading figures from politics, media, academia and the arts.
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com with "Inforum Internship" in the subject line.
The Commonwealth Club is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public forum.